- Aug , 7
- Drivers : General Drivers
- $14.28 - $15.81
- Full Time
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid Holidays, Vacation
Have you been thinking about changing professions? Do you want to see more of the country, meet more people and have more fun? Consider driving for Indian Trails!
This position is responsible for safely operating the company's equipment under all conditions and in accordance with prevailing laws and company policy. Courteously provides for the comfort and safety of the passengers and operates the company's vehicles in a manner that will reflect appropriately on the company's good name and reputation by showing the highest level of road courtesy, professional driving skill and consideration for the safety of other highway users.
- Must have or be able to obtain a CDL class B license with passenger and air brake endorsements
- Those with out a CDL B with passenger and air brake endorsements will have to obtain a Temporary Learners Permit prior to beginning training (You will need your DOT med card to apply for the learners permit)
- Provides safe transportation service for the company's customers in both regular scheduled and charter service.
- Operates the motor coach according to schedules and itineraries under normal conditions.
- Uses all mechanical units of the motor coach properly.
- Adds fuel, oil, water or other fluids as needed and directed.
- Performs minor housekeeping tasks to the motor coach in both regular and charter service, including sweeping and mopping the floor. Empties the restroom holding tanks into approved sanitary waste receptacles and carries five-gallon pails of water to refill the restroom.
- Responsible for the collection and proper accounting of fares and tickets.
- Makes proper written reports as required.
- Safeguards all Company equipment and property entrusted to their care.
- Keeps Department of Transportation logs, trip reports and other written material current.
- Wears and maintains the prescribed and proper uniform at all times in neat and serviceable condition.
- Reports for duty properly rested and able to meet the demands of safe driving and customer service.
- This position requires knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through a High School diploma.
- Must be at least 24 years of age.
- Must complete the written test requirements of the Secretary of State and possess a Temporary Instructional Permit for Commercial Driver's License Type B license at a minimum, with air brake and passenger endorsements.
- Individual will be trained on the job and must complete and pass certification in the Indian Trails Drivers Training program along with the mandatory skills test for CDL licensing.
- Must possess and maintain a driving record which permits them to be insurable under the Company's insurance policy.
- Customer service oriented with a pleasant personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation physical exam.
- Ability to work a variable schedule (including nights and weekends).
- Ability to lift or manipulate baggage and cargo up to 75 pounds.