- Aug 28, 2019
- Computers/IT : General Computers-IT
8653 E. Hwy 67 Alvarado, Texas, 76009
Division: Alvarado, Texas
Job Title: Network Administrator
Reports to: IT Operations Manager
Scope of Responsibility: The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the company network. This includes designing, administering, modifying, installing, and supporting the Company’s network systems to meet the needs of the organization and our customers.
- Supports LAN, WAN, Internet, intranet systems and VLAN environments.
- Administers backup solutions and transports backups to designated off-site location.
- Installs and maintains network hardware and software.
- Analyzes and isolates issues.
- Monitors networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluates and modifies system’s performance.
- Identifies users’ needs.
- Determines network and system requirements.
- Maintains integrity of the network, sever deployment and security.
- Ensures network connectivity throughout the Company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations and company standards.
- Designs and deploys network solutions.
- Assigns routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Maintains Group Policy Objects (GPO) consistent with Company standards.
- Administers servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Available to take after-hours emergency calls for specific issues as well as a week-long shift in rotation with other IT personnel.
- Documents issues, processes and resolutions.
- Additional duties as assigned
1 Network runs efficiently with little to no down time.
2 Network environment is properly maintained for secure and organized operations.
3 Problems are resolved quickly and effectively.
4 A secure network is maintained with few or no security breaches within reasonable scope.
5 New projects are executed quickly; new technologies are deployed rapidly and on budget.
6 Network documentation is maintained that clearly describes and communicates the network design.
7 Procedures are written and maintained; documentation is created and kept up to date.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in network and operating systems including: Windows 7 & 8, Windows server 2003-2012, Exchange, and Cisco IOS. Must demonstrate proficiency and competence with network hardware components such as file servers, SANs, routers, and switches.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in English, with all levels.
- Will work on a computer the majority of the day but will go on the production floor from time to time. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, grasp, handle and work in awkward positions.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass standard pre-employment vision test.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions in work flow and constantly changing priorities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time with the ability to move throughout the office or outside manufacturing plant as needed.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require use of fingers, hands and arms, such as sitting, typing, using office equipment and reaching. Some additional physical activities may require walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing as well as answer telephones and greet customers.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity