Forklift Operator B
- Sep , 5
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Conroe, TX 77303
At Sabre we understand that our employees are an integral part of our success, and we value their skills and creativity.
We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, along with competitive compensation and outstanding benefits. Committed to providing our customers with the best products and services, our compensation package includes incentives that recognize and reward outstanding performance.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
- Comprehensive and flexible package
- Competitive health premiums
- Low medical deductibles
- Free wellness services plus other wellness incentives
- On-site medical centers at our largest manufacturing sites
- Paid time off and flextime opportunities
- Free life and disability coverage
- Cell phone discounts
- Gym membership discounts
REWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Competitive base pay
- Competency and performance based pay progression
- Per diems
- 50¢ to $1 night shift differentials
- Overtime opportunities
- 2x incentive opportunity
- 60% 401(k) match on up to 6% of your pay
- Boot allowances, uniform subsidies and other PPE
- Service awards
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
- Product innovation
- Opportunities to travel
- Mobility between locations and businesses
- Promotions and other advancement opportunities
- Continuing education
- Tuition reimbursement
OPPORTUNITES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Serve as an on-boarding buddy, mentor or trainer
- Community service
- Lean journey
Scope of Responsibility: This position is responsible for operating an all-terrain forklift for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, and stocking materials in accordance to Company established procedures and customer requirements.
- Ensures quality of all product by verifying and identifying information and the quality/condition of product, as well as taking steps necessary to protect items from damage while being loaded onto trucks or into shipping containers, or unloaded off of trucks and placed in proper established bin locations.
- Loads and unloads material in a safe and organized manner at all times.
- Pulls and prepares materials for shipments as needed.
- Uses small hand tools such as pneumatic staple/nail gun, banding equipment, stencil machine, digital camera and radial arm saw as needed.
- Uses overhead crane as needed.
- Conducts cycle counts on raw material as needed.
- Utilizes the ERP system to issue material to jobs.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of all bin locations.
- Reviews and understands Shipping Schedules, Pick Queues and Bill of Materials.
- Contributes to a team effort by communicating and working well with others within and outside the department.
- Maintains a high level of productivity.
- Contributes to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, organization, and cleanliness in your area of operation.
- Cross trains to assist with other duties as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or any combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years recent experience operating a 10,000+ capacity forklift or heavy equipment
- Demonstrates accuracy of work, good organization skills as well as the ability to work as a team player.
- Effectively communicates in English with personnel, management, and supervisors via two-way radio, email and in person
- Possesses the ability to read and interpret Shipping Authorizations, Daily Ship Schedules, pick queues, and Bill of Materials.
- Must maintain a Level B Equipment Operator Certification and be proficient using all large material handling equipment to transport, bundle and stage material.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and frequently exerting up to 30 pounds of force.
- Must be able to climb in to equipment, bend, kneel, sit, reach and grasp.
- Must be able to effectively use small hand tools such as pneumatic staple/nail gun, banding equipment, stencil machine, digital camera, and radial arm saw.
- Must be able to pass commercial driver's vision test
Sabre is a leading manufacturer of infrastructure for the utility and wireless industries along with providing a full range of telecom services.
WE ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY!
Sabre Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity